Monday, July 11, 2005

A cap for my sailor

My husband is going to be in the Port Huron to Mackinac yacht race in a week, and has asked me to make him a watch cap to wear on the night shift, as it gets pretty cold and wet. http://www.byc.com/mack05/ He is one of those guys that operates the winches that turn like coffee grinders. He always has fabulous shoulders by the end of the summer. Now I have to figure out how to get the name of his boat to come out right on a brim you turn up. I'll need plenty of coffee and an absence of kids, I think. Intarsia and small children just don't work well together.

I keep waiting to feel better without the chemo, but I'm still barfing. ugh. Maybe it will take a while for the toxins to clear my system. It's bad enough to have kinky, strange colored hair in place of what I used to have. Why do I have to keep on puking?

Well, enough feeling sorry for myself. I think I'll plop in front of the tv and knit. A cup of coffee sounds nice, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I really hope you are feeling better soon Em. Can't wait to see the cap!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home